Our classes and programs are organized with social justice and health justice principles in mind. We strive to make the space safe, comfortable and accessible for everyone who is interested in learning about herbalism. We request that all teachers and participants treat each other with respect regardless of gender, class, race/culture, religion, immigration status, political views, age, mental ability and appearance.
Ready to get going with herbalism??
Watch Mary's free "Become an Herbalist" webinar!
This Herbal Residency program prepares herbal students for work in our herb shop, production kitchen and herb farm!
Upcoming 2022 Sessions:
SEPTEMBER 3-9, 2022- REGISTER HERE
OCTOBER 10-15- REGISTER HERE
GET HANDS ON EXPERIENCE with real herbalists!!
- Spend a week working with Mary and her team!
- Spend time at the herb shop, making medicine, on the farm and in classes!
- SPACE LIMITED- 5 participants per session
Price is $600 per session.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE HOUSING, FOOD OR TRANSPORTATION TO SITES. THE FARM IS NOT BUS ACCESSIBLE.
Work at the herb shop making medicine and learning how the herb shop runs.
Work at the herb farm with Mary Blue and her crew! Be in a dance video with us (optional)!
AM-Observe herbal consultations- Learn about the formulas given to clients.
AM-Work at the herb shop with Mary Blue! Help customers and make herbal products.
Work at the herb shop. Help customers and make herbal products.
Herbal Foundations Program with Mary Blue
Participants in the program will:
- Observe an herbal consultation from one of our trained herbalists
- Work on our herb farm with Mary Blue and her crew.
- Sit in on Mary's Herbal Foundations Program.
- Work in the herb shop, addressing everyday health concerns with customized formulas.
- Bottle and blend formulas for clients and customers.
- Practice blending and medicine making skills- Salves, tinctures and more!
- Have completed Mary's Level 1 Herbal Foundations Program (online or in person), or another equivalent program.
- Have a deep understanding of western herbal actions and how to apply them.
- Have 3-5 years of intensive herbal study.
- Have good job and herbal references.
- Must be on time and organized.
- Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner
- Have experience and training with Health Justice principles
- Have a good sense of humor, or at least laugh at Mary’s jokes (just kidding).
- Be fluent in Structure and Function language and herbal regulations.
- Complete an interview to be accepted
The curriculum of the Herbal Education and Training program at Farmacy Herbs is the foundation of this program.
- Total cost of whole program: $600.00
- Applications are accepted at all times of the year.
- Applicants must compete a zoom interview before approval
- The Herbal Residency Program takes place at Farmacy Herbs locations- Providence, RI and West Greenwich, RI.
- We do not provide transportation.
- We do not provide food.
- We do not provide housing.
Herbal Residency Dates
Anna Fox, Residency 2016
"Completing the Residency program at the Sage Healing Collaborative was an invaluable experience for me in herbalism. I had the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from the herbalists at Farmacy Herbs, and refine my ability to work as an herbalist. I highly recommend the program for people interested in getting real life experience in the herbal fields of farming, products, and herb shop logistics!