COVID Policy- RI Herb Festival
We are hopeful that we will be able to gather in person on September 17, 18, 19. We have begun preparations to host an in person event at Camp Aldersgate for 150-200 people. The health and safety of our community is our number one priority and as a result the festival will look different this year. We are implementing changes a to offer and support a safe experience in accordance with current Center for Disease Control and RI Department of Health guidelines for outdoor festivals. We’ll continue to keep this page updated as the situation evolves and we learn more in the coming months. At this time, here’s what we anticipate will change based on current conditions:
- Attendance will be managed to reduce congestion.
- We will follow all Rhode Island regulations regarding the number of people allowed at gatherings (indoors and outdoors). At this point, the state will be allowing for gatherings of this size to happen.
- If RI, MA or CT is in phase 2 or 3 , we will be cancelling the RI Herb Festival and give you a full refund.
- We will be requiring anyone who is sharing a room at the RI Herb Festival to provide a negative COVID test. THESE PROTOCOLS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON STATE RECOMMENDATIONS AND COVID INFECTION NUMBERS.
Based on CDC and state recommendations we may require:
- sanitizing of seats and restrooms
- temperature checks
- social distance seating
- all classes and events outside
We successfully ran all our in-person programs in 2020 through the following measures. As long as COVID is a risk in our community, we will continue to use these preventative practices in our in-person classes and events. We work to create healthy spaces in our classes.