Our herbal programs are founded in the core belief that we all hold the ability to heal ourselves, our families and our communities through natural means, if we have the know-how, confidence and support to do so. We have programs for folks who just want to learn a few things about herbs and health, and programs for folks who want to become clinical herbalists. Our classes are organized with social justice and health justice principles in mind. We strive to make the space safe, comfortable and accessible for everyone who is interested in learning about herbalism. We request that all teachers and participants treat each other with respect regardless of gender, class, race/culture, religion, immigration status, political views, age, mental ability and appearance.
Our Herbal Internship Program is a hands on program giving participants experience in the following fields:
*Greenhouse work, seedlings, transplanting and soil.
*Planting methods, plant ID and medicinal plant uses.
*Organic farming methods, compost tea, planting by the phases of the moon.
*Herb harvesting, wildcrafting and processing of dried herbs.
This program takes place at our farm in West Greenwich from April- November on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. (Participants choose from one of those days, not both).
Our Level 1 Herbal Education and Training Program is a foundations course for the beginner or intermediate herb student.
* Western Herbalism Terminology
* Technical training on herb growing, harvesting and product making * Individualized herbal formula for students and family members
* Plant Id
* Proper plant extraction methods
Our Level 2 Programs builds on the Level 1 Program and is for the intermediate herbal student
* Local holistic health experts and regional herbal experts
* Body Systems * Plant physiology
* Cultural herbal practices
* Health justice principles
Our Herbal Residency Program is for aspiring clinical herbalists. This program gives the resident hands on training in our walk in herbal clinic, one day per week.
* 100 hours of supervised clinic hours
* local health practitioner mentors
* Participants receive a “FCH certificate” upon completion. (Farmacy Clinical Herbalist).
Our Health Justice Program weaves together the importance of cultural competency and social justice within health care and herbalism.
*Facilitated discussions on health justice topics
*Cultural Competency questionaire
*Introduction to Politically Compassionate Herbalism